Friday, October 19, 2012

rescued

Have you ever been rescued?

I found myself in a rescue-worthy situation today. Student teaching with a substitute is a lot more difficult and terrible than it sounds. Trust me. I knew it was gonna be a long day when she got lost (who knows where) with half of my 6th grade class during first period. It only got worse from there. 

Without getting into too much detail, two fellow co-workers pulled out the drawing board halfway through the day and devised a plan to come save me. With a flawless plan and expert tactics they rescued me. 

I don't think I've ever been rescued. I don't think I have ever been in a dire situation that I needed to be rescued from. But today I caught a glimpse of what it feels like to be rescued. To be taken from a place of hopelessness to a place full of life. There's nothing quite like it. And as I am thinking back to the happenings of the day, I think forward to tomorrow morning. 

Tomorrow morning I am running a race. Not just to run or to have fun or to hang out with a bunch of cool people; but to rescue. I am running to rescue women from sexual slavery. I am running for their lives. [www.r4tl.com]

If you've ever been rescued, you might have a tidbit of an idea of what you can do for these girls and women. You can help them leave hopelessness and fear and shame behind and lead them on to freedom and hope and life and laughter and JESUS. What better rescue could there be? 

If you can't participate tomorrow, there are many other things you can do to help the girls and women caught in sexual slavery. Visit these websites and become part of a rescue team: 
http://www.freedom424.org/
http://www.ijm.org/
http://www.houseofhopenicaragua.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment