Thursday, April 25, 2013

creation

I stood among hundreds of middle schoolers & high schoolers today and sang a familiar song. A song that proclaims the powerful nature of God, declaring Him to be "holy, holy, holy." This "Revelation Song" is deeply moving and I found myself excited as the praise band began to play. But halfway through the chorus something hit me. Like a freight train. 

"with all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings..."

There we stood. In uniforms, almost unmoving. Worried about what we're having for lunch and thinking of ways to keep ourselves awake. Our minds wherever we want them to be. Yet claiming to be on the same team as CREATION when it comes to praising God. Have you noticed "creation" lately?!?!?! 

Like the full moon tonight over Virginia. Or the blooming cherry blossoms down your street. The rich green grass and the budding trees. I hope hope hope that you have seen yellow daffodils and orange tulips that have stopped. you. in. your. tracks. I mean, most of this stuff is unreal. Breath-taking. Obviouslyyy making us stop to wonder about the Creator. Giving us small glimpses of how beautiful He really must be. 

Lynchburg people, think of all the sunset pictures you've seen on Instagram. I know some of you have posted them yourself! I know I have. They're marvelous. And usually we can find a good Bible verse to put as the caption or at least allude to the fact that God is fascinating because of given sunset.

Friends, do you understand that just like creation, people should see us and literally stop to marvel at our Creator? We should be stunning and breath-taking. Spitting images of the Original. 

Shew, we sure do have a lot to live up to...










No comments:

Post a Comment