Thursday, June 16, 2011

GBCS

God story:
I walk into breakfast this morning wearing an old t-shirt that says GBCS on it. The principal of the school looks at me and asks what that stands for. Passively I reply that it stands for Greater Beckley Christian School, the place I went to high school (and elementary and middle school). She looks at me and says, "In West Virginia?" Unbelievable. She knew the Parvins and another teacher who had taught here at Doris Todd then moved to West Virginia and taught at Greater Beckley. 
I couldn't help but think back to the day I made that t-shirt, I remember it vividly. Kristyn Wilson (Ash) and I were sitting on her couch in her living room and we wanted to make t-shirts to wear to the basketball game for two boys we liked. We were rushed and the t-shirts almost didn't dry before the game. Then we wrote the wrong Bible verse on the front, thankfully the one we accidentally wrote on the shirt still made sense! But making that shirt 4 or 5 years ago I never thought the impact it would have. It would link my journey to Hawaii to the school I grew up in. God never ceases to amaze me.  




Today was such an encouraging day. I received many emails and messages from the body of Christ and today the enemy is defeated, not me. I was able to focus on the small, meaningless tasks we were assigned (thank you Joey for reminding me about Matthew 25:21) and today was a lot more fun! God continually showed Himself throughout the day and I am so in awe of Him. We saw a beautiful full rainbow as we were leaving the beach this evening and we were also able to see a moonbow tonight! Don't know what that is? Check it out here:   http://www.atoptics.co.uk/rainbows/moonbow.htm.




the bright moon...perfect for a moonbow!


moonbows are really faint and hard to get a picture of. 
so here are some of us in awe of it. 
the white dots you see are rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment